I would like you to meet Tamara, she has a shop full of beautiful jewelry that serves as TEETHING toys for baby! How cool is that?!!!
My name is Tamara Martynovich. I was born and raised in Ukraine but when I was 17 years old my family moved to Israel where I live now. I’m married and have a wonderful husband and a great little son. Our french bulldog is part of our family, too 🙂
1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and link?
My Etsy shop name is MagazinIL www.magazinIL.etsy.com
2. What has been your most exciting moment as an artist here on Etsy?
My first sale, probably like all 🙂
3. How long have you been an artist? Who or what had the greatest influence on you as you developed as an artist?
My grandmother taught me to knit and crochet when I was 7 years old. My first works were far from perfect but these little lessons gave me a start. They were imprinted in my memory and in 20 years I took my knitting needles and crochet hooks in my hands again. I just had a baby at that time and I wanted to make him a sweater. A sweater was followed by a cap and then I crochet my first nursing necklace. From that time on I can not stop making these, I just fell in love with them! When I crochet, I am relaxing.
4. Do you have any advice for new Etsy shop owners?For half a year since the opening of the store, I realized that the customer buys only looking at the photos. No matter what I write in the title or description of the product. People loves his eyes.
I improved the quality of my photos. Not necessary to create a composition in a photo.
5. What’s the hardest part of being an artist?
The most difficult thing is to come up with something which others do not. In my area it is almost impossible because there are a lot of artists producing similar goods.
6. How many hours a day do you create?
Mainly for the manufacture of one product it takes me 12-14 hours.
But I’m housewife and i have a little boy and i crochet a few hours a day.