I recently discovered a new Artist on Etsy, I was intrigued with her Watercolor Paintings! Here is my interview with AndiPace
1. What made you become an artist?
Honestly, it has been a passion for numerous years. I originally got in to writing and then wanted to be able to illustrate my characters and creations. It all just went from there really. I’ve been growing ever since!
2. Where do you get your inspirations?
Music is perhaps my biggest. I like to to just zone out to a song or instrumental score and draw what I vision.
3. How long have you been creating works of art?
At least six years now.
4. What was the first thing you ever created/drew?
Disney characters were perhaps my first but I quickly moved on to drawing my own characters.
5. How did you learn about Etsy? When did you open your Etsy shop?
I learned about Etsy through my friend Katie, who runs a jewelry shop. She had told me about it and has helped me through a lot of the process. Probably wouldn’t be here without her help. I opened my shop months before I even got around to adding anything! That was in August and I didn’t start adding anything till March.
6. How did you decide on your shop’s name?
I thought it had a nice, unique touch to it.
7. What’s on your favorite’s list? What Etsy shops would you recommend and why?
Oh I have different things on my favorite list! From art to masks, to clothing. I add what catches my eye and what I hope to purchase later on down the line! As for shop, I do know one in particular that I really enjoy looking at. Schin has lovely digital artwork that just blows my mind.
8. What is your favorite item in your shop? Why?
My desert painting, Two Souls, it has quite a story behind it! It also was my second watercolor painting.
9. Tell us about your first Etsy sale. What was it? How did you feel?
My first Etsy sale was the original painting of my Dragon Eye watercolor. I was so excited and ecstatic, I had found out in the middle of the night! Couldn’t even go back to sleep.
10. What do you listen to when you are creating?
All kinds of things really. Lately I have been tuning in to Pandora radio under the station for Tarja. I also listen to a lot of instrumental movie scores, can’t beat Hans Zimmer.
11. Where’s your favorite “Creating Artwork” spot?
In the living room normally. It is comfy!
12. What makes your product better than others in your field?
I love what I do and everything I create has a story weaved in to it.
13. What are your favorite materials to work with?
Watercolor and anything I can do with my hands. It just seems so much more personal.
14. What is your favorite part of having an online business?
The community! I love Etsy’s community and how quickly I had been accepted.
15. What is your least favorite part of having an online business?
The fact that it can be very hard to get noticed.
16. How do you advertise your business?
Facebook, teams, and through friends mostly. Going to have a friend carry own business cards as she wears a pair of canvas shoes I painted for her at Comic Con. That is a way to get noticed!
17. What are your goals this year for your shop?
To reach at least twenty sales! It is a small goal but we all must start out small.
18. What do you do in your spare time?
I love to write or explore other artistic fields. I mostly write though. I want to get published someday.
19. Do you have a job other than Etsy? What is it?
Nope, not currently but I am searching.
20. How do you manage your time?
I place out what all I need to do and block in time periods for those tasks.
21. Do you have any discounts, sales, PIFs or specials available in your shop?
oh yes! I am usually willing to give discounts to returning customers and have had a few sales. I will even give a small coupon for 10% for reading this: INTERVIEW10.
22. Do you offer custom orders? How does it work?
Oh yes! I prefer to be convod first to work out what is to be done and then I will ask the customer to purchase a listing to pay in advance for the order.
23. What tips do you have for anyone just starting out in Etsy?
Get critiques, advice, and friends! As well as promote!
24. Where can we find you? Post your links to Facebook, Twitter, Blog, etc.
25. Anything else we should know about you and your shop?
I love making friends and chatting! Feel free to contact me with questions, suggestions, or even just to say hi!
Thank you for this delightful interview, I really enjoyed getting to know you!